I made this for a progressive dinner. QUITE the hit.
BLACK BEAN SOUP KAIROS STYLE
- olive oil
- 21 season salute (TJs)
- 1 onion
- ½ jar Roasted Red Peppers (TJs)
- 1 Chipolte in Adobo (1 pepper – not one jar unless you’re brave)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 cans Cuban Style black beans (TJs)
- 1 large or 2 small cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen fire roasted sweet corn (TJs)
- Vegetarian broth (I used Imagine brand) (I used about 1-2 cups)
Saute onion, red peppers, and chipolte in olive oil. Toss in soup pot or crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and heat through, or let simmer. NOTE: when chopping chipolte pepper, don’t touch it with your hands and rub your eyes. I’m just sayin’. I’ll chop the thing without even touching it.
Serve as is or with sour cream, rice, and/or andouille sausage.